ABOUT THE I CHING SYSTEM
Considered one of the oldest divination systems in world history, the I Ching is, at its core, a sacred text that empowers a practitioner. When you understand the I Ching as philosophy, you attain wisdom both of your inner self and of the cosmos. When you understand the I Ching as an expression of the Divine, you attain access to an incredible tool for communing with that Divinity.
The objective of this course is to impart a heightened level of proficiency with I Ching both as a divinatory system and as a magical system, so that a practitioner will be able to use the I Ching to divine for the self, for others, and integrate components of the I Ching into spell-crafting.
For the course and its enrollees, the Lady of the Ninth Heaven (Jiu Tian Xuan Nu) has been evoked for guidance and support. The Lady of the Ninth Heaven is likened to an archangel, originating from the Chinese Taoist pantheon. She is a protégé of the Empress Mother of the West (Xi Wang Mu), a dark goddess of war, magic, and spell-crafting.
According to myth, the Yellow Emperor, considered the legendary father of the Chinese civilization, evoked the Lady of the Ninth Heaven, who became his patron deity. She taught the Yellow Emperor military strategy and magic, which he used to defeat his enemies and establish the first dynasty.
The Lady of the Ninth Heaven is venerated as a goddess (or archangel) of high magic and intellectual prowess. Her symbols are the sword and a gourd of healing: she is a warrior and she is a healer.
I’ve dedicated this course in such a way so that all enrollees will be endowed with her guidance and support in all manners of their craft with the I Ching.
This course teaches several approaches to I Ching divination:
The digital files only to an I Ching oracle deck is provided so you can use the I Ching in cartomantic form (hence, the fourth bullet point noted above). You will get the digital files to a pretty cool I Ching oracle deck that I’ve created, that way you can either print and craft them into a deck yourself or use a third party publisher to print your own copy (budget friendly, really!). I’ll give you step by step instructions on how. Below is a preview of the cards.
There are card back design options you can choose from and thus customize. Below are the default design options you’ll get, which match the book cover design options. That way you can get yourself a whole neat little set that looks super professional on a diviner’s reading table.
I will walk you through how to upload and get the printed through a third party print-on-demand deck publishing site so that you can have your own personalized oracle deck. Or you can get crafty, print the files double-sided on cardstock, and create your own set of I Ching oracle cards.
We will also be covering Taoist magic and how to use the hexagrams and corresponding oracle bone scripts in traditional Fu talisman sigil crafting.
I will be providing you with a digital PDF copy of my personal, private, and unpublished translations of and annotations for the I Ching Book of Changes (Zhouyi version) and throughout the course, you will be working primarily off my text.
Enrolling in this course constitutes your binding agreement that you will maintain the confidentiality of my text. The book is formatted to 6″ x 9″ and will be print-ready for binding in the event you want a hard copy for yourself.
You can then upload and print your own paperback copy of the book. Note how the cover design is discrete. The purpose is so you can use your copy of the book in professional reading settings without it looking like you have a commercially produced book on your reading table. Plus, you can totally customize the outside cover of your copy. Above you’ll see all the default book cover designs you can choose from. Or create your own!
I Ching and the Practitioner will be taught primarily through video lectures, which will be rolling footage of my talking head. We will cover the history, origins, and mythos of the Book of Changes, divination methods, and incidental topics that might interest the Western occult practitioner, such as I Ching and esoteric Taoism, and a section I call “Becoming the Priest/Priestess,” where we address performing I Ching divination for others.
Course video lecture and workshop titles include the following:
- Origins, History, and Culture
- Cosmology, Divinity, and Traditions
- Divination Methods: Yarrow Stalks
- Divination Methods: Rice Grains
- Divination Methods: Coins
- Divination Methods: The I Ching Oracle Deck
- Interpreting a Reading
- Occult I Ching Series: Exoteric and Esoteric Taoism
- Occult I Ching Series: The Book’s Journey to the West
- Occult I Ching Series: Exorcisms and Mediumship
- Occult I Ching Series: Petitioning the Deities
- Occult I Ching Series: Spell-Crafting with the Book
- Becoming the Priest/Priestess
Join the Facebook Group Now
A Facebook group, “I Ching and Occult Taoism,” has been set up here:
All are free to join, even if you are not an enrollee in this course. Although you won’t get access to course materials, by joining the FB group as a non-enrollee, you can catch glimpses of course materials, there’s lots of cool free downloads and reference materials you’ll get, and lots of semi-confidential discussions happening at the intersection of the I Ching and occultism, with of course, Taoist leanings. It’s going to be a pretty cool hub for learning even if you’re not an enrollee.
As for enrollees, this Facebook group is going to be a great congregation center and a great place for you to practice a lot of the principles or approaches taught in the course. You’ll see what I mean once you receive the orientation letter.
To provide you with a roadmap for cultivating wisdom through esoteric Chinese traditions and access to Divinity through the I Ching.
To provide the tools for self-empowerment as a priest or priestess to then perform I Ching divinations for others adeptly.
The course will be taught primarily through a series of short video lectures and video workshops, which you will have access to online.
My translated and annotated copy of the I Ching Book of Changes is your bibliomantic or divinatory tool. Alternatively, you can divine with a 64-card I Ching oracle deck, the digital files to which I will provide among the course materials.
- Video lectures via hyperlink online access
- 350-page I Ching Book of Changes, PDF digital file of my American English translations and annotations
- 77-page I Ching: Short Form Oracles, PDF digital file
- Over 100 additional pages of PDF supplemental handouts
- 64-card I Ching divination deck with Chinese oracle bone script, JPG digital files formatted for extra large 5″ x 7″ double-sided printing
- 64-card I Ching divination deck with Chinese oracle bone script, JPG digital files formatted to 2.75″ x 4.75″ standard tarot size printing
- 64 image files of the Chinese oracle bone script for the 64 hexagrams (for your spell-crafting or sigil-crafting purposes)
Rambling Video About the Course
And here’s a rambling talking head video I took in the spur of the moment to tell you about the course.
How To Order
I’m going to give step by step instructions on how to order the course and get access to download all the materials for yourself.
- Send $42 (Forty Dollars) USD via PayPal to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Yes, it’s going to say “James Zhang from Castro Valley.” That’s the Hubby. Also, this is the preferred method of payment. (~or~)
- Send $42 with your credit card through PayPal by following this link: https://www.paypal.me/benebell. (~or~)
- Only if (1) and (2) are impracticable for you, send $42 by ordering me an Amazon Gift Card, sent to email@example.com. Direct link to Amazon gift card orders here.
- When you send payment, please include:
- Your name or a name identifier for me to reference you by, (~and~)
- Your e-mail address, so I know where to send your ordered course materials to.
But if any of that sounds confusing or you just don’t know, no worries. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know you want to place an order. We’ll take it from there together.
Once I receive your payment as the purchase order, your course materials will be delivered to the e-mail address you specified within 2 business days.
If you don’t receive the course materials in the e-mail inbox specified within the two business days, then something went wrong. Doh! Please email me at the below address asap.
DELIVERY NOTE: So far I’ve been good about getting the course materials to you in less than 48 hours from when I receive the PayPal payment, so if that time has gone by and you haven’t received anything from me, first check your Spam folder. Second, check to see the e-mail address associated with your PayPal account. I may have sent it to that account if no e-mail was provided in the notes section of the transfer. If still nothing, then something went wrong somewhere, so contact me at the above e-mail addy ASAP so we can get things squared away.