Module III is all about the submissions and publication process with traditional publishers.
Coming after this module:
- Module IV: Independent or Self Publishing
- Module V: Promoting Your Book and Post-Publication Strategic Plans
Module III: Traditional Publishers
Module 3 accompanies you from drafting your book proposal to querying traditional publishers. We’ll cover the big publishing houses (and how you’ll need a literary agent if you want to approach these publishers) and also the small to medium publishers (where you won’t need a literary agent).
There will be 5 audio lectures (total run time about 40 minutes), 3 workbooks, and supplementary handouts that you will want to go through in the order noted below.
Here’s your course outline:
AUDTraditional Versus Self PublishingM4A (09:29)
|AUD||Preliminary Notes for Module III||M4A (04:43)|
|HDT||Who are the traditional publishers?||DOCX | PDF|
|AUD||The Book Proposal||M4A (04:18)|
|WBK||Workbook E – The Book Proposal||DOCX | PDF|
|HDT||Log of Publisher Queries||DOCX | PDF|
|HDT||Sample Manuscript Submission in Standard Format|
|AUD||The Submissions Process||M4A (11:39)|
|HDT||Template for Submissions Query Letter|
|HDT||My Query for Holistic and Publisher Responses|
|HDT||Book Proposal for Holistic Tarot (Sample)|
|HDT||Evolution of a Manuscript|
|HDT||Traditional Publishing Timeline (Query to Release)|
|AUD||Revisiting Why We Write and Publish||M4A (08:07)|
|HDT||Theoretical Earnings Comparison Chart|
|WBK||Workbook G – Deciding Between Traditional and Self||DOCX | PDF|
- AUD = Audio File
- WBK = Workbook
- HDT = Handout
Click on the linked files in the right column to download.
NOTE: Workbook F has been deleted from the free files.
Cost of Module III
Really, there’s no cost. However, if you feel called to, then choose any one of the following options:
- SUPPORT MY BOOKS + PUBLISH A BOOK REVIEW. If you have or are getting Holistic Tarot and you have a blog, YouTube channel, or work for a publication, help me spread the word about my book and publish a review, or your personal impressions, reference my book in some clever way in your thing, or let’s talk about setting up an author interview. You know my email addy, right? I know Tao of Craft is a long time from now (September, 2016), but this can apply to that book as well. Everything I just said about supporting HT, but for ToC.
- PAYPAL DONATION. Some folks don’t want fuss, and that’s cool. How about a PayPal donation in a dollar amount you’re comfortable with? Btw, in case you were curious for any reason, I don’t keep any of these donations. I pay all of it forward. Send PayPal donations through this link: https://www.paypal.me/benebell.
- AMAZON GIFT CARD. Same as Point #2, but instead, send an Amazon gift card in any dollar amount you’re comfortable with. Use this link here. And direct it to the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LOTS & LOTS OF SOCIAL MEDIA LOVE. Broadcast some fluffy fun love. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, whatever else is out there– #HolisticTarot #BenebellWen #TaoofCraft (this may be premature… it will be out in stores September 2016) #NorthAtlanticBooks
- BOOK A READING WITH ME. Support my work by booking a divinatory reading with me. Click on the below banner for a list of all services offered.
Alternatively, click below to go directly to a Dropbox link where you can download everything in one swoop.
Check back in two weeks for Module IV: Self Publishing
Writing and Publishing Nonfiction Independent Study Course
- Module I: Introduction
- Module II: Completing Your Manuscript
- YOU ARE HERE. Module III: Traditional Publishing
- NEXT UP. Module IV: Independent (Self) Publishing
- Module V: Promoting Your Book & Post-Publication Strategic Plans