This is an advanced esoteric tarot course that will walk you through a 21-card Pyramid Reading designed to be a spiritual experience. The reading and purpose is built upon the Four Directives of the Magus: to know, to dare, to will, and to keep silent. The Four Directives and the blueprints to your inner temple divined through the Pyramid Reading will pave your Threefold Path of Wisdom: mastery over alchemy, astrology, and theurgy, and to understand their significance to the study of esoteric tarot.
A modified version of this course was first presented at the October 2018 UK Tarot Conference in London. This course was first offered as part of the Tarot Summer School 2019 lineup at the Tarot Readers Academy.
Four pillars frame the historical construct of Western esotericism and reinforce the capacity of your inner temple. Working with the Golden Dawn astrological correspondences for the Major Arcana, this course will focus on The Hierophant, Strength, Death, and The Star as the four cornerstones that will unlock your destiny for material success (Earth), your glory (Fire), your spiritual path (Water), and the path of your personal growth, the life lessons to learn (Air).
You will then work through a twenty-one card Pyramid Reading to create a blueprint and map of your inner temple. Any time at any point of your life path, when you feel lost, dedicate some time to going through the steps of the Pyramid Reading to get your blueprint and map.
Discussion of the Four Pillars and each step of the Pyramid Reading will orbit the Four Powers of the Magus (or Four Directives to the Magus) that signify “the fatal science of good and evil . . . guarded by the four figures of the Biblical sphinx, the Cherubim of Ezekiel” (Eliphas Levi), which are:
1. To Know (an intelligence illuminated by study)
2. To Dare (an intrepidity which nothing can check)
3. To Will [or To Do] (a will which nothing can break)
4. To Keep Silence (a discretion which nothing can corrupt and nothing intoxicate)
Your inner temple is designed and built upon these Four Directives, and when constructed in accordance with your higher purpose, yields material success, personal glory, conviction in a defined spiritual path, and transcendental personal growth. The eventual purpose of the magus is to master the Threefold Path of Wisdom: alchemy, astrology, and theurgy, which converge and culminate with the tarot.
The Tarot de Marseille, Rider-Waite-Smith, Thoth, and my own deck the Spirit Keeper’s Tarot will be showcased, so you’ll be able to follow along with a deck from any of these systems.
Content for the course sourced from: The Emerald Tablet of Hermes (Isaac Newton, trans. 1680); Alchemical Catechism from The Hermetic and Alchemical Writings of Paracelsus (A. E. Waite, trans. 1894); An Introduction to Astrology (William Lilly, 1852); Astrology Theologized: The Spiritual Hermeneutics of Astrology and Holy Writ (Valentin Weigel, reprinted from the Original of 1649 in 1886); Transcendental Magic: Its Doctrine and Ritual (Eliphas Levi, 1854; A. E. Waite, trans. 1896).
Closed captioning provided on all videos for the Deaf and H/H.
• To understand the four pillars of Western esotericism.
• To attain a deeper understanding of the Four Directives to the Magus (that become the Four Powers of the Magus).
• To divine and reveal a map (the Pyramid Reading) for how to achieve material success, glory, how to advance on your current spiritual path, and how to grow in plenitude at any given moment of your life.
• To understand the Threefold Path of Wisdom (alchemy, astrology, and theurgy) and its significance to the study of esoteric tarot.
Module I. Introduction
The Four Pillars of Western Esotericism
Overview of the Pyramid Reading Workbook
Module II. The Four Pillars
Pillar of Earth: Your Material Success
Pillar of Fire: Your Personal Glory
Pillar of Water: Your Spiritual Reflection
Pillar of Air: Your Personal Growth
Module III. The Transcendental Path
Completing the Blueprints of Your Inner Temple
The Threefold Path of Wisdom
- 8 videos with a total run time of 2 hours
- 50 minutes lecture
- 1 hour of guided tarot reading (each operation preceded by 2 minutes of meditative invocation)
- 70-page workbook in PDF format (print at 8.5″ x 11″ standard US Letter)
How To Order
I’m going to give step by step instructions on how to order the course and get access to download all the materials for yourself.
- Send the tuition cost noted above via PayPal to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Yes, it’s going to say “James Zhang from Castro Valley.” That’s the Hubby. Also, this is the preferred method of payment. (~or~)
- Pay with your credit card by following this link: https://www.paypal.me/benebell. (~or~)
- Only if (1) and (2) are impracticable for you, pay by ordering me an Amazon Gift Card, sent to email@example.com. Direct link to Amazon gift card orders here.
- When you send payment, please include:
- Your name or a name identifier for me to reference you by, (~and~)
- Your e-mail address, so I know where to send your ordered course materials to.
But if any of that sounds confusing or you just don’t know, no worries. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know you want to place an order. We’ll take it from there together.
Once I receive your payment as the purchase order, your course materials will be delivered to the e-mail address you specified within 2 business days.
If you don’t receive the course materials in the e-mail inbox specified within the two business days, then something went wrong. Doh! Please email me at the below address asap.
DELIVERY NOTE: So far I’ve been good about getting the course materials to you in less than 48 hours from when I receive the PayPal payment, so if that time has gone by and you haven’t received anything from me, first check your Spam folder. Second, check to see the e-mail address associated with your PayPal account. I may have sent it to that account if no e-mail was provided in the notes section of the transfer. If still nothing, then something went wrong somewhere, so contact me at the above e-mail addy ASAP so we can get things squared away.