Holistic Tarot is now out in stores! You can order your copy of the book on Amazon, through the publisher’s website at North Atlantic Books, or through the distributor, Random House.
I hope you will find the book to be a timeless go-to reference source for all your tarot needs, but I also know that the sheer size of it can be intimidating.
So. I’ve created study guides and supplements for free download that will help you navigate the book and learn tarot. These study guides and supplements contain additional exercises and information that dovetail on the contents of the book.
The guides are subdivided into sessions with suggested reading, practice work, ruminations, and supplemental downloads that will help you learn tarot on your own and at your own pace. They will help you navigate the book, whether you’re reading at the beginner, intermediate, or advanced level.
If you’re just starting out, I recommend following the Study Guide for the Beginner Tarot Student, a syllabus for learning tarot on your own with the Holistic Tarot text.
You are a Beginner if…
- you are not sure exactly how many cards are in a standard tarot deck;
- some of the imagery on the Rider-Waite-Smith deck seem a bit intimidating to you;
- you’re kind of wondering what all this Rider-Waite-Smith tradition talk is all about;
- when I say “tarot journal,” you draw a blank;
- you are not familiar with the Celtic Cross; and
- you find it incredulous that anyone in this world could know from memory the meanings to all those cards.
STUDY GUIDE FOR THE BEGINNER TAROT STUDENT
Click on the radio button below to download the PDF.
|Rider-Waite-Smith Flash Cards for Rote Study|
|Log of Celtic Cross Practice Readings (Version: Waite Cross)|
|Tarot Spreads Practice: Quick Reference Sheets from Appendix A (for printing convenience)|
|Log of Readings|
|Morning Routine Reading Practice (Template)||DOCX|
Beginner Guide Created: 12/17/2014
All Holistic Tarot study guides and supplements are available for free download here on this website at HOLISTIC TAROT STUDY GUIDES.
I hope these study guides are helpful in your learning and if you do use the Beginner’s Guide, please let me know about your experience with it!