A modified version of this course was first presented at the October 2018 UK Tarot Conference in London
Four pillars frame the historical construct of Western esotericism and reinforce the capacity of your inner temple. Working with the Golden Dawn astrological correspondences for the Major Arcana, this course will focus on The Hierophant, Strength, Death, and The Star as the four cornerstones that will unlock your destiny for material success (Earth), your glory (Fire), your spiritual path (Water), and the path of your personal growth, the life lessons to learn (Air).
You will then work through a twenty-one card Pyramid Reading to create a blueprint and map of your inner temple. Any time at any point of your life path, when you feel lost, dedicate some time to going through the steps of the Pyramid Reading to get your blueprint and map.
Discussion of the Four Pillars and each step of the Pyramid Reading will orbit the Four Powers of the Magus (or Four Directives to the Magus) that signify “the fatal science of good and evil . . . guarded by the four figures of the Biblical sphinx, the Cherubim of Ezekiel” (Eliphas Levi), which are:
1. To Know (an intelligence illuminated by study)
2. To Dare (an intrepidity which nothing can check)
3. To Will [or To Do] (a will which nothing can break)
4. To Keep Silence (a discretion which nothing can corrupt and nothing intoxicate)
Your inner temple is designed and built upon these Four Directives, and when constructed in accordance with your higher purpose, yields material success, personal glory, conviction in a defined spiritual path, and transcendental personal growth. The eventual purpose of the magus is to master the Threefold Path of Wisdom: alchemy, astrology, and theurgy, which converge and culminate with the tarot.
The Tarot de Marseille, Rider-Waite-Smith, Thoth, and my own deck the Spirit Keeper’s Tarot will be showcased, so you’ll be able to follow along with a deck from any of these systems.
Content for the course sourced from: The Emerald Tablet of Hermes (Isaac Newton, trans. 1680); Alchemical Catechism from The Hermetic and Alchemical Writings of Paracelsus (A. E. Waite, trans. 1894); An Introduction to Astrology (William Lilly, 1852); Astrology Theologized: The Spiritual Hermeneutics of Astrology and Holy Writ (Valentin Weigel, reprinted from the Original of 1649 in 1886); Transcendental Magic: Its Doctrine and Ritual (Eliphas Levi, 1854; A. E. Waite, trans. 1896).
Closed captioning provided on all videos for the Deaf and H/H.
• To understand the four pillars of Western esotericism.
• To attain a deeper understanding of the Four Directives to the Magus (that become the Four Powers of the Magus).
• To divine and reveal a map (the Pyramid Reading) for how to achieve material success, glory, how to advance on your current spiritual path, and how to grow in plenitude at any given moment of your life.
• To understand the Threefold Path of Wisdom (alchemy, astrology, and theurgy) and its significance to the study of esoteric tarot.
Module I. Introduction
The Four Pillars of Western Esotericism
Overview of the Pyramid Reading Workbook
Module II. The Four Pillars
Pillar of Earth: Your Material Success
Pillar of Fire: Your Personal Glory
Pillar of Water: Your Spiritual Reflection
Pillar of Air: Your Personal Growth
Module III. The Transcendental Path
Completing the Blueprints of Your Inner Temple
The Threefold Path of Wisdom
- 8 videos with a total run time of 2 hours
- 50 minutes lecture
- 1 hour of guided tarot reading (each operation preceded by 2 minutes of meditative invocation)
- 70-page workbook in PDF format (print at 8.5″ x 11″ standard US Letter)
REGISTER TODAY AT THE